Prerequisite/Corequisite Challenge Form
- This Task has been designed for use by all roles. For all roles
If a student wishes to challenge the established prerequisite or corequisite, he or she must submit a
Prerequisite/Corequisite Challenge Form for one or more of the following reasons:
1. The student has the documented knowledge or ability to succeed in the course without meeting the prerequisite or corequisite. Examples might include:
- Letters of verification from instructors, employers or other persons qualified to certify as to their skill level;
- Certificates from schools, colleges, government agencies or other reputable sources verifying the attainment of specific skill levels;
- Transcripts of academic work at other institutions accompanied, if available, by copies of their catalogs;
- Examples of work (painting or other art forms, writing, drafting, etc.), which demonstrates the quality of work the person has performed.
2. A prerequisite or corequisite is not reasonably available.
Show in writing the date and times when the prerequisite was offered during the two semesters immediately preceding the current semester. If they are available, provide copies of the class schedule sections in which the courses in question would have appeared.
3. The student believes the prerequisite was established in violation of regulation or in violation of the District-approved processes.
Cite the State regulation or District-approved process the prerequisite has violated. Indicate the chapter and section of the law, if known. If available, attach a copy of the regulation or District- approved process to the Challenge Form.
4. The student believes the prerequisite is discriminatory or being applied in a discriminatory manner and has documentation for such a claim.
Explain how the prerequisite or corequisite is discriminatory. Does it discriminate against a person on the basis of age, ethnicity, religion, gender or sexual preference? What is it, specifically, about the enrollment limitation that results in discrimination against a person from one or more of these groups?
Latest release -
No Release Notes.