jump to search jump to main content

  • This Task has been designed for use by all roles. For all roles

​​​​​Residents are those who have lived in California for at least one year plus one day before the semester begins and can demonstrate intent to remain a California resident. It is the student'​s responsibility to provide evidence to substantiate his or her claim for residency.

Students between ages 18 and 19 may combine their parent's continuous residence in California immediately prior to their 18th birthday with their own continuous California residence from their 18th birthday to establish the one year California residence requirement.

The residence of an unmarried student under the age of 18 is determined by the legal residence of the parents. A married minor determines residency from the date of the marriage and must meet the one-year physical presence and intent requirement. To change residency from nonresident to California resident, the student must submit the Residency Reclassification Petion and provide all required proof upon review of the petition.


Latest release -

No Release Notes.

 Back to top